[governance] Round III - 15 from non-gov stakeholders 5+5+5

Bertrand de La Chapelle bdelachapelle at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 09:57:13 EST 2010

Izumi,

Chair seems to go in the right direction : Group OF the Chair, 15
non-governmental.

Still not precise regarding governmental participation. Cannot (and probably
should not) be limited to host countries. In any case, Kenya should be
included as upcoming host.

I guess that 10 govts (2 per geographic regions) plus the (6) hosts could be
an ideal situation. Would make 16 govts, 15 non-govts and, I suppose, 3 to 5
intergovernmental organizations.

Let's see how it pans out. Still some fight ahead.

Best

Bertrand

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Izumi AIZU <aizu at anr.org> wrote:

> 3 times 5 = 15, plus 5 host countries = 20.
>
> izumi
>

> 2010/12/17 Avri Doria <avri at acm.org>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > How many government members in the WG?
> >
> > a.
> >

> > On 17 Dec 2010, at 09:20, Izumi AIZU wrote:
> >
> >> After Lunch
> >>
> >> Chair
> >> Thank you for the fruitful, open and frank discussion this morning.
> >> As chair I listened carefully.
> >> Commonly agreed that all stakeholder should be inclusive for the WG.
> >> Proposal for consideration
> >>
> >> We have 15 from Stakeholders plus International Organizations.
> >> From 15, 5 from Academic and Technical community
> >> 5 from Civil Society and 5 from the business group.
> >> The leadership of these organizations will be able to select
> >> representatives to join the member states of WG.
> >>
> >> WG is going to be the advisory group to the chair,
> >> WG has the limited duration.
> >> WG work be approved or amended by CSTD.
> >> Now I invite members for the contribution and look for consensus.
> >>
> >> Translate this email: http://translate.google.com/translate_t

>                         >> Izumi Aizu <<
>
>           Institute for InfoSocionomics, Tama University, Tokyo
>
>            Institute for HyperNetwork Society, Oita,
>                                   Japan
>                                  * * * * *
>            << Writing the Future of the History >>
>                                 www.anr.org

Bertrand de La Chapelle
Tel : +33 (0)6 11 88 33 32

"Le plus beau métier des hommes, c'est d'unir les hommes" Antoine de Saint
Exupéry
("there is no greater mission for humans than uniting humans")