[governance] Re: governments first others later

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Thu Dec 16 17:16:42 EST 2010

Hi Izumi, you UN/IGF/multi-stakeholder hero,

Am 16.12.2010 21:43, schrieb Izumi AIZU:

> Certain government members, mostly mission people here in Geneva
> are afraid of bringing civil society on equal footing to governments,
> and that is like a flu or pandemic, widely shared by them according
> to some people close to CSTD.

I don't find this very surprising. It has been my experience throughout
  WSIS and the years since that the multi-stakeholder approach does not
travel
well within and across organizations. Sympathy for this approach still
remains a matter of personal experience. The government people who have
participated in multi stakeholder events begin to accept it, but not to
a degree that would it sort of rub off on others not yet involved. In a
way, multistakeholderism hasn't yet become a political culture that
would be somewhat independent of personal experience.

jeanette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org