[governance] WG - +5?

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Thu Dec 16 08:55:40 EST 2010

Well, yes, the direction is not bad, but UNLESS we work hard,
this will not be achieved. We need more voices expressed
inside and outside the CSTD meeting tomorrow, clearly heard.

There are still strong push-back from those who formally
proposed and won the argument to make the WG only
by government reps. It's not so easy to reverse at this point.

So I urge any organizations and individuals to echo with IGC
statement, or go beyond, to request CSTD to put non-governmental
members into the IGF WG, to the Chair/secretariat.

Send it here TODAY!!

Mongi Hamdi
Head of the CSTD Secretariat, UNCTAD
<mongi.hamdi at unctad.org>

izumi

2010/12/16 Anriette Esterhuysen <anriette at apc.org>:
> These formulas sound like football formations. Would be good if we have
> Mourinho, or Guardiolo as our strategy advisor.
>
> I also think this is a move in the right direction.
>
> Anriette
>
>> Going in the right direction then; not quite the 3+3+3 that I proposed
>> on Monday, but maybe 2+2+1?
>> --
>> Roland Perry

                        >> Izumi Aizu <<