[governance] Shah' stmt at the close of today

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 00:45:48 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 7:44 AM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro
<salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> McTim,
>
> The fact that that lady is sitting there, she is there as a Portugal
> representative, authorised to represent the views of her people

I know plenty of folk from Portugal with more clue than her, I would
suggest that she is doing them a disservice by being unprepared.

IIRC she told the room she was representing Haiti.

and if she
> was raising the issue of the benefits that ICT or access to ICT brings, then
> that is her country's view.

But it's nothing to do with EC, and she was mostly going on about
students and Bookface.

To call her "crazy woman with pirate patch" is
> discriminatory and disrespectful.

Perhaps, the patch thing was for identification only, as I didn't know
her name.

She was a bit crazed IMHO.

--
Cheers,