[governance] TIME Magazine's Person of the Year (Battle over WHO must be Transparent)

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 23:33:45 EST 2010

At the end of the day, it's about anything that increases the "bottom line",
I suppose if is to spark and generate controversy and if that creates an
increase in "sales" then I can see why they would be inclined to but if
anything, what we are seeing is a crisis of "ethics" and "values".

What do we "value"? Do we value "transparency"? If the $$$ causes one to
determine decisions (which is almost 99% of the time true in a commercial
context) at any cost (maybe that's exaggerating)...but if the opportunity
cost is "transparency"....hmmmm

Salanieta Tudrau Tamanikaiwaimaro
P.O.Box 17862
Suva