[governance] New York - EC consultation

Katitza Rodriguez katitza at eff.org
Wed Dec 15 19:35:29 EST 2010

I agree with Marilia. However, I am not sure if this is a developing
countries only problem. It was not an EFF priority to have an ECOSOC
status. While we are recently applying for an ECOSOC status, this status
will only be approved next year. The same applies for the travel funding
for us. Since we are a membership organization, we have strong
restrictions on using core EFF funding for travel expenses. So we also
think 10 times (or more) before we travel to any place. It is indeed to
expensive for a non for profit organization and we need to measure that
with other priorities (and time allocate to a certain issue), etc etc etc

--
Katitza Rodriguez
International Rights Director
katitza at eff.org
katitza at datos-personales.org (personal email)

Please support EFF - Working to protect your digital rights and freedom of speech since 1990