[governance] AW: IGF Improvement

Bertrand de La Chapelle bdelachapelle at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 11:50:15 EST 2010

For any useful purpose, I can confirm that this is not in conformity with
either the letter or the spirit of the resolution drafted in the CSTD in
May, then endorsed in July at Ecosoc (and later in the GA if I am not
mistaken).

In addition, this should NOT be a decision by the CSTD bureau. This group is
NOT a CSTD group, it is a group that the CHAIR of the CSTD has to convene,
"in an open and inclusive manner".

These formulations had been chosen on purpose.

Non-participation is the way forward but only if significant governments go
along. Fallback process could be merely to have a consultation process open
to all stakeholders.

Joint document would be good, between IGC, Basis, ISOC, but also
governments, in particular in the European Union I suppose.

Bertrand

2010/12/7 "Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" <
wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de>

> The decision was made in a CSTD bureau meeting yesterday at a late hour
> when only a limited number of governments where in the room. Only a very
> small group of governments, including Portugal and Switzerland, defended the
> multistakeholder model but the majority of the CSTD members in the room
> argued that it would be better for the process if the governments can
> discuss improvement - based on the input of the various stakeholders - among
> themselves.
>
> We have to wait until the official announcement.

Bertrand de La Chapelle
Tel : +33 (0)6 11 88 33 32

"Le plus beau métier des hommes, c'est d'unir les hommes" Antoine de Saint
Exupéry
("there is no greater mission for humans than uniting humans")