[governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic .бг (.bg) similar to other Latin ccTLDs?

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Wed Dec 1 09:26:03 EST 2010

Being an ex-ALAC member and still engaged as one of ALSs of AtLarge,
I also question why ".бг" is not acceptable as IDN ccTLD for Bulgaria.
EVEN if non-Bulgaria people like myself does not understand, at the onset
at least, what it means, many will have similar problem with ”中国", "中國",
"台湾", "臺湾" etc, who cannot read Chinese characters. But those who
do understand what ".бг" are the targeted users and that is, in my view,
perfectly understandable. By introducing IDNs, we will face the expanded
diversity, and for us it's a good thing to learn, not to worry about.

As someone already pointed out, IF there already exists ".6b", then
the story can be different. But that is not the case.

I also think the decision by the part of ICANN is, in a larger view, ICANN's
decision, if not the final one. Especially the DNS stability panel is authorized
for their work by ICANN Board, and there is no appeal process there.

This is not as coordinator, but purely speaking for myself.

izumi

     governance at lists.cpsr.org