[governance] Discussion summaries?

Chad Lubelsky chad at apc.org
Wed Aug 18 22:54:08 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

> Thank you for the wonderful discussions and interventions in the
> latest IGC posts. I have benefited very much from them.

I too have benefitted from the discussions but at the same time I find
both the volume of emails + the nuanced nature of some of the
conversation means I have a hard time keeping up.  My feeling is that
this might be inhibiting broader participation and even understanding
of the issues at hand.

I was chatting with Ginger and we both like the idea of having
discussion summaries but recognize that that is a significant task for
any one person to take on (although if there is a volunteer that would
be great!).  We then thought it might be more feasible to ask
individual contributors to synthesize their own contributions.
Drilling down to the essence of everyone's arguments might bring
enhanced clarity to the discussion and also open the door to more
diverse participation.

Thoughts?

Chad

----

Chad Lubelsky - Global networking, policy and advocacy coordinator
Association for Progressive Communications
Montreal, Canada
chad at apc.org -

---

APC 1990-2010 www.apc.org
Thank you for helping make APC what it is today!
¡Gracias por hacer de APC lo que es hoy!
Merci d'avoir contribué à faire d'APC ce qu'elle est aujourd'hui!