[governance] Ism or not Ism ?

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Tue Aug 17 09:12:19 EDT 2010

Not really boxing depending on how you consider the three groupings. If
civil society is restricted to formal organizations, and the same for
business, then it boxes. Civil society is organized in ways far beyond
the formal non-profits (I mean registered under the laws and tax
regulations of some country), in fora such as the IGF no one checks if a
certain CS constituency is "valid" and formalized, and I imagine
business can participate in similar ways -- and let us concede that the
academics are civil society too, Charlie Brown (this is another thread
of intellectual infighting :)).

--c.a.

--

Carlos A. Afonso