[governance] Net neutrality on mobiles

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 9 09:22:52 EDT 2010

Way too complicated.  This issue is not a matter of such intricacies.

Do we want to regulate, via free services to smaller enterprises, the "net" so
that it provides equal platforms for those who cannot afford it?

This may sound crude. It may offend capitalists when laid out so clearly. It
scares me, because it may just be a way of putting our priorities above another.

But in the end, weighing all pros and cons -- I think we must.  Implementing
policy that allows and encourages growth and new is good. Slowing down the
rampant stampede of huge megacorps just makes sense.  Normally we do not want to
say it so clearly but I believe here we must stand firm, that yes, these guys
must contribute to the betterment as a whole and not just to profits.