[governance] Workshop Proposal for Vilnius - City-TLDs: Impact,

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 11 14:20:08 EDT 2010

I like this point.  I would volunteer to be Governor and work for free --- Just that;;; Everyone would have to agree to do nothing. ;-)

Thomas' idea has merit. And in keeping with this genuine warning, I would suggest that as long as he does not paint himself into a preconceived notion of what should be/or that he wants, the result could be quite constructive.  Whereas Olivier sees the multiple cities with same name an obstacle I see it as an opportunity to share the name /ala sister cities/ need it be competitive?  Why not corraborative and trust and understanding and culture sharing.

If we can step back and view the Internet as a grand communication device, then we need not surrender to marketers and capitalists, but rather embrace commonality and the higher level of understanding.  If I can transmit my poetry, music and fustrations and problems in a more efficient manner why should that be a bad thing?