[governance] Clinton Admits: "Free" Trade is Harmful to 3rd

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Apr 6 05:52:53 EDT 2010

McTim
This is sleazy. I am not "under contract to ITU." I wrote a research report for them on ip address markets during a 3 month period. The contract ended a year ago. The report obviously told them something they did not want to hear.

You can't have it both ways - if Mueller is ITU's tool why is he not advocating nationalized internet ip registries? Which is what they obviously want? Why isn't the ITU promoting a TABL strucure implemented by the RIRs, which is what the report I did proposed?

While we're at it, Roland, are you still under contract to RIPE? Curran, are you still a paid flunky of ARIN? With the implication that you will say and do anything that serves those organization's interests? McTim, let's hear about your consulting contracts and paid speaking gigs with various I* organizations. You get the picture. This is where you're taking the discussion.

You've really fallen down several notches in my estimation. Total dishonesty and an attempt to use smear tactics.

For the rest of the list, this is an object lesson in the cult mentality that pervades the so-called Itnernet technical community. If you disagree with them about anything, theny won't even consider funding your research on an IG topic. And if you accept funding from anyone else, you MUST be a paid agent of sinister forces. Catch-22. And oh, it doesn't matter what you say or prove in the reports, they don't read. All that matters is who commissioned it.

--MM