[governance] Results of charter amendment vote

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Mon Sep 28 15:59:30 EDT 2009

On 28 Sep 2009, at 15:47, Roland Perry wrote:

> The GNSO website has a huge amount of information on it, including
> Agenda, Minutes and an MP3 of the proceedings (most often a
> teleconference). Seems to be just what you are advocating.

i dearly love the GNSO and its council and relish in every bit of its
process (and bet i could win a trivia contest on it).  I even think it
is appropriate because of the GNSO's role in recommending policy that
affects millions around the world.  For a group acting in the role
recommending regulatory and contractual conditions, this level of
process, and perhaps even more, is appropriate.

in the IGC, however, which i see as a group meant to build capacity
and to advocate, it would be sad to see that much process.  i advocate
a fairly minimal set of guidelines and the evolution of practice we
are mostly comfortable with and just enough to keep the group sane -
especially as long as we have an appeals mechanism.

tp put it another way: if the IGC starts to develop GNSO/ICANN level
processes, i am sure i will find a cliff to drive myself off of.

a.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org