[governance] Results of charter amendment vote

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 26 16:58:18 EDT 2009

Ian and all,

  No offense intended to anyone, but I agree with the explanation as a
reason for the extension of the voting period, but do not agree that
that extension was justified.  Voting responsibility should take precidence
over other activities, not the other way around as one of your explanations
suggests.  Second if a "Spam Trap" was the cause of some not receiving
ballots than it seems very clear to me that such "Spam Traps" were ill
advised and implimented which leads me to determine that whomever made
those decisions to set those "Spam Traps" were not compatent and remain so
unless or until they are perminantly replaced or those particular "Spam Traps"
are removed and the policy or reasons for their implementation is reviewed
and revised accordingly and without further delay.

  In conclusion and with all due respect, it should not be the job of
the returning officer to determine whether a extension of a voting
period is warranted or justified.  That decision should be the sole
responsibility and at the majority determination of the members
themselves in any ligitimate democratic process.