[Gov 738] Re: Competition ? Re: [governance] is icann ...

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Sep 21 23:59:07 EDT 2009

On 21 Sep 2009, at 19:01, Dr. Francis MUGUET wrote:

> My point is reactivating this "forgotten parameter"  could be done,
> with little conceptual difficulties and a sofware programming effort
> that is very small in comparison to the  huge  benefits in all terms :
> economics, governance, scientific,

It is all well and good that you persist in your belief  of the ease
with which you can do this.  You may have access to a genius solution
i just do not see, for i do not see the easy path you see.  i see an
interesting research problem with lots of open issues and gotchas
ahead, but i could be wrong.

i look forward to seeing the Internet-drafts/proposals in which you
produce well formed definitions of your classes and define the schema
for your new URIs.  i expect they will be very thorough and will cover
all of the possible case and issues so that they can be subject to
serious technical review.

And after that I will look forward to the running code and network
experiments that prove your point and enable your triumphant 'i told
you so'.

Then it will make sense to work on the business case and governance
models for the implementation.

a.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org