Competition ? Re: [governance] is icann ...

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Mon Sep 21 12:10:00 EDT 2009

On 21 Sep 2009, at 10:27, Dr. Francis MUGUET wrote:

> What I am all ears is about concrete proposals of multistakeholders
> governance within
> the new DNS classes,

first someone has to figure out if new DNS classes are practical or
even fully technically possible as the protocols currently stand.

from my investigations it looks like any such efforts would take many
years of technical protocol work and standards efforts as well as
private network testing to determine whether they could be introduced
without risking network instability.

i think work on governance of such schemes might be somewhat premature
- maybe even a decade premature.

a.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org