[governance] Halal Search Engine

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 9 17:57:43 EDT 2009

Carlos and all,

  Closed door meetings go on all the time on Intranets, some for good reasons
and some not, meaning that if public policy issues regarding the Internet are
part of the subject matter it would seem more reasonable that those meetings
should be pre announced, open to the public, and at a minimum avaliable for
public comment before and after the fact.  Unfortunately there are some
stakeholders that strongly disagree with such a principal.  This is unfortunate
as such an attitude leads only to distrust, and rightly so.  Certainly ICANN
has been a catalist for breading such distrust in such a manner accordingly.
It now seems that the NCUC is making the same "Noises" in the very same
direction internally, while outwardly professing the opposite.  Quite a principal
paradox, eh?