[governance] Halal Search Engine

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sun Sep 6 15:52:18 EDT 2009

( a couple of people disputed this)

The most obvious example is that on any common Google search the first few
results that come through may be sponsored links - identified as such if you
have good eyes and bother to look, but the first results nevertheless. You
can pay to be number one on a Google search results listing, that's the
bottom line.

Beyond that - because Google doesn't release its algorithms this is
unproven. But articles such as this http://www.seobook.com/google-branding
do tend to suggest new factors coming into results.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org