[governance] so do i owe bill drake a pizza or not?

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Wed Sep 30 17:13:32 EDT 2009

Here is my official response:
http://blog.internetgovernance.org/blog/_archives/2009/9/30/4337767.html

some irreverent comments on Wolfgang's comments below (it's been a long day)

...be still my heart!

> members of these bodies will have probably to write
> their own rules for inner communication and interaction.

...the joys

> This is the exploration
> of new territory.

...personally, I'd rather go hiking in the Sangre de Cristos

> This goes beyond the WGIG and MAG
> experiences. Certainly the final confirmation for the
> composition of the review panels is in the hands of ICANNs
> CEO abd the GAC Chair. But this is already an expression of
> "co-governance", or - with other words - a further
> decentralization of power and decision making.

Sounds like a further centralization to me. GAC goes from advisory to choosing people for a special status.

> b. I like also the various principles which are included in
> the text - starting from the public interest to consumer
> choice, privacy protection, competition, stability, security,
> interoperability etc. If you collect all these principles and
> list it on one page you have a "Internet Governance
> Declaration" which goes beyond the Tunis document.

guess what's missing: freedom of expression.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org