[governance] IGF in remote? What are the IGC plans?

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 01:17:53 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I just would like to remind you that it is also possible to organize IGF
hubs.
In the hubs, people can watch the webcast together and send questions (text
or video) that will be answered by panelists in the IGF. In addition to
that, organizers can hold debates to discuss the themes of the IGF from a
local perspective. This way, the hub gains its own dynamics, and the webcast
serves a starting point for a meaningful local debates.
To ask the registration of a new hub, an e-mail should be sent to the IGF
Secretariat. The address is igf at unog.ch.
The following information should be provided:
Institution where the hub will be based:
Possible area(s) of interest within the 5 main IGF themes:

Number of expected participants within the hub:

Planned pre-meeting activities:

Hub Coordinator:

Contact email:

*The deadline to register a hub is 22 October.*

Best regards,

Marilia

Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade
FGV Direito Rio