[governance] Review Panels

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Thu Oct 15 15:45:09 EDT 2009

Hi Bertrand,

My quick response is that, like the JPA before it, the review panels will be
more symbolic than effective and we should not expect much more. The JPA did
very little, except symbolise unilateral control; I think the review panels
will do even less, but symbolise a multistakeholder involvement.

If we want to improve internet governance we need to look further and beyond
what might be achieved by review panels.

Ian Peter