[governance] Review Panels

jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Oct 15 07:13:19 EDT 2009

At 10:33 15/10/2009, Bertrand de La Chapelle wrote:
>Dear all,
>Could this list also address Anriette's concrete second question ?
>What do you think the review process should be ? Fundamentally, the
>community is facing a now recurring problem (cf. WGIG, MAG,...) :
>how to compose a multi-stakeholder group for a given task, so that
>it is sufficiently diverse, balanced and representative of the
>variety of viewpoints ?

Bertrand,
this is a good question. I think a way could be to try the WSIS recepee.

- get national IGFs up - so people know better what they talk about.
- get regional IGFs up (and T&L funded on a perequation basis)
- get IGF up (and T&L funded on a perquation basis)
- get Enhanced Cooperations up (and T&L funded on a perequation basis)
- get Dynamic Coalitions focused on corresponding Enhanced
Cooperations achievements.
- get Enhanced Cooperations, Dynamic Coalitions, Govs and
International institutions represented in a nommitation fair.
- get activated an open contributing mailing list to shadow every
group, the same a Dynamic Coalitions are to shadows Enhanced Cooperations.
- understand that the IGF is a place for individual and not for
collective decisions.
- pray God that selections are good enough not to push
better-stakeholder groups in a better position.

jfc

     governance at lists.cpsr.org