AW: [governance] ICANN/USG Affirmation of Commitments

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 5 17:04:21 EDT 2009

Wolfgang and all,

  Unknown at this time, perhaps Verisign would be magnamous
in recommending Iran as the hosting country and physical
location?  After all such a recommendation might go far
in diplomatic circles in outreach to a mid east nation and
garner better cooperation between the US and Iran as well
as participating sanctioning nations presently.  My guess is
that this possibility is unlikely and I personally would find
such a very questionable choice.

  Another choice might be Afghanistan for many obvious diplomatic
and economic reasons, safty aside of course.  But I am sure that
IGC members would be lining up to volunteer to man such a facility
for a time and aid in the training of more perminant native Afghans
to eventually take over.  Of course these volunteers would have to
provide for their own body armor ect. or perhaps Verisign would
do the provisioning for same.