[governance] ICANN/USG Affirmation of Commitments

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 15:28:41 EDT 2009

Paul,

Apologies for top posting, I was going to rebut many of your points
inline, but have decided to simply point you here:

http://homes.eff.org/~barlow/Declaration-Final.html

and say that the end of the JPA supports this Internet ethos,
especially the notion that "You have no moral right to rule us nor do
you possess any methods of enforcement we have true reason to fear."

The Internet, ideally should be governed by its users, of which,
governments are but one among many.  The toothlessness of the
Affirmation is a positive step towards that ideal.

--
Cheers,

McTim

     governance at lists.cpsr.org