[governance] ICANN/USG Affirmation of Commitments

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Thu Oct 1 15:18:35 EDT 2009

In message <1254397157.3941.611.camel at anriette-laptop>, at 13:39:17 on
Thu, 1 Oct 2009, Anriette Esterhuysen <anriette at apc.org> writes
>One question I have about the GAC, does it not become very important to
>have input from different stakeholders at country level in the
>identification/nomination of GAC members

As a matter of simple fact, the GAC members are usually the most obvious
career employee of the ministry charged with overseeing "International
Telecoms issues", and are therefore likely to also turn up at ITU
meetings, EU telecoms/Internet meetings, IGF consultations, UN-ECOSOC
etc.

Plus there are a few who might alternatively be their country's
"Internet Czar".
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org