[governance] New Candidate for Co-coordinator: Rafik Dammak

Gadi Evron gadi at anime.org
Thu Nov 26 09:38:38 EST 2009

On Nov 22, 2009, at 4:22 PM, Ginger Paque wrote:
> We now have a third candidate for our upcoming co-coordinator
> elections: Rafik Dammak. Rafik, would you please post a short bio
> here on the list?

I am rather new here, and intend to mostly be a lurker.

However, when I saw Rafik's candidacy as one of the first emails I
received I was very pleased. I met him at IGF Rio in 2007 and was
impressed. His ideas are always interesting, and his actions speak for
him. I was hoping he would continue in this field and help create the
future, so I am very happy indeed to get this email.

While my comments should be taken as those of an outsider to this
community, I can't think of a better candidate for several positions
I'd want to fill in my organization than Rafik, especially if there is
a need for a deep understanding of the subject, and an added social
value.

And, he is fun.

Happy Thanksgiving,

	Gadi.