[governance] Example of Corporate Internet Authoritarianism -

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 25 12:45:44 EST 2009

Dear Brother Foad and all Frieds,
I also agree with your point of view that many organizations want Maximum Control to Limit Access Rights which is developing DIGTAL DIVIDE between Developed and Under Developed Countries, Rich and Poor users, Urban and Rural Communities.

Following is an example of Blackberry Software limited access to different countries,
Regarding IP network Camera Application (recently launched by RIM) is free for some countries, and with cost to other countries.
Note: Pakistan is not in both lists (not available for Pakistan even if we are ready to pay for it) however available for India

We should help M/s ICANN, IGF and others to prepare a Policy to develop a strong Bridge between Digital Divide (which is also included in ICANN Mission for next 3 Years)

---------------------

BlackBerry App World Availability

BlackBerry App World is currently available with both paid and free applications in:

BlackBerry App World is currently available with free applications in:
Brazil1
Venezuela
Argentina
Chile
Mexico
Colombia
Ecuador
Peru
Panama
Costa Rica
Jamaica
Aruba
Bahamas
Cayman Islands
Barbados
Trinidad & Tobago
Dominican Republic
Hong Kong
Singapore
Indonesia
India

1. BlackBerry App World is not currently available in Brazilian Portuguese. Not all applications available in BlackBerry App World are available in Brazilian Portuguese.

Ref: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1693

Regards,

Imran Ahmad Shah
[ICANNian since Oct-09]