What happened with the hubs? - [governance]

Javier Pinzón javier at funredes.org
Wed Nov 25 06:38:46 EST 2009

>>Personally I feel that while there is still a long way to go, remote
>>participation was much more effective this year than in the previous
>>IGFs.
>
> It was potentially more effective than emailing the secretariat with
> questions, I agree. Meanwhile I was quite busy on Skype and Twitter,
> alongside email and a private Jabber room; sometimes there's a limit to
> the number of channels one person can have open (yes, including
> listening to the people in the room).

That´s right Roland.

We must be aware of information overload and focus our infotention
carefully. I should say not "sometimes" but that there is a limit to how
many channels even the must experienced multitasker is able to handle
well.

Anyway it was much better the remote participation this year than before.

Best,

Javier

--
http://funredes.org/javier