[governance] What happened with the hubs?

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Nov 25 03:13:23 EST 2009

> Personally I feel that while there is still a long way to go, remote
> participation was much more effective this year than in the previous
> IGFs.

The thing was that video and audio streaming was implemented as standard in
all sessions, and it worked really well. However, no standard feedback
channel was implemented and it was up to each workshop organiser to think of
a system, be it Elluminate, Adobe, Marratech, Webex or other. It caught some
session organisers off-guard.
So that leaves room for improvement next year.
Warm regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD