FW: [governance] What happened?

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Tue Nov 17 13:42:54 EST 2009

On 11/17/2009 02:39 AM, Carlos A. Afonso wrote:
> Yes, Karl, this is part of the rules of any UN event

Where are they written down and what are the limits on country
objections to things?  Could, perhaps, a country call for the ejection
of people, like you our me, from the IGF meetings?  Might a country
require a person to cease wearing a button (like "Free Elbonia now!")?
What about a laptop with a similar message pasted onto the back of its
screen?

I am concerned here about the range and limits to these "rules".

To many of us the prime issue of governance is often more about the
restraint of power and authority than about any particular substantive
issue.  These events so far make me uneasy that the basic issue of
limits on authority are, as they so often are, not addressed ... until
too late.

		--karl--
     governance at lists.cpsr.org