FW: [governance] What happened?

Carlos A. Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Tue Nov 17 05:39:17 EST 2009

Yes, Karl, this is part of the rules of any UN event, and we saw it
being enforced in the IGF Rio quite clearly. Any poster or exhibit in
the meeting space (which is considered a UN space during the whole
meeting period) cannot be displayed anywhere unless previously
negotiated with the UN authorities.

In the meeting itself, the poster was projected on the wall most of the
time (except during the projection of a documentary), and nothing else
happened, so in the meeting itself there was no violation of free
expression whatsoever.

frt rgds

--c.a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org