[governance] Markus Kummer Spreading Falsehood

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Mon Nov 16 11:13:25 EST 2009

On 16/11/2009, at 5:11 PM, Ronald Deibert wrote:

> Below is typical of what I'm receiving from reporters.    It is hard
> to keep up now with the IGF spin being put on the event.  So I think
> I'll just back off now and resign to whatever happens.  Hope the
> truth wins out, but it looks as though Markus Kummer is intent on
> spreading falsehoods.

Robert, please stick with it, we all fully support you and your
colleagues on this.

Markus Kummer has behaved deceitfully to me and others in the past.
(This is not a personal slight, it is in his job description as a
diplomat.)  It angers me that even we within the IGC are expected to
treat him and Nitin Desai with kid gloves because any slight upon the
Secretariat is seen as doing injury to the IGF as a whole.

Well, this is a matter of high principle and frankly even if the IGF
as an institution is damaged by the fallout, in my opinion, so be it.

--
JEREMY MALCOLM
Project Coordinator

Lot 5-1 Wisma WIM
7 Jalan Abang Haji Openg
TTDI, 60000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: +60 3 7726 1599
Mob: +60 12 282 5895
Fax: +60 3 7726 8599
www.consumersinternational.org

Consumers International (CI) is the only independent global
campaigning voice for consumers. With over 220 member organisations in
115 countries, we are building a powerful international consumer
movement to help protect and empower consumers everywhere. For more
information, visit www.consumersinternational.org.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org