[governance] What IGF is for? ONI Asia event rattled by UN

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 04:38:25 EST 2009

Jeremy, boycott will only make CS absent from the opportunity to raise
their concerns. They have to be there and continue to
interact..................raise it and back it........be there and
take action...........

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:
> On 15/11/2009, at 4:02 PM, McTim wrote:
>
>> Shahzad,
>>
>> Truly outrageous, your group should really complain to Markus and get
>> your books back immediately, with an apology.
>>
>> I think this shows how misguided it is to have gov'ts play an
>> increasingly large role in IG.
>
> +1
>
> Am I overreacting, or should those who do not have workshop commitments
> organise a boycott of the IGF tomorrow, and let the Secretariat know why?
>
> In any case, I hope as many people will tweet and blog about this appalling
> action.
>
> --
> JEREMY MALCOLM
> Project Coordinator
> CONSUMERS INTERNATIONAL-KL OFFICE
> for Asia Pacific and the Middle East
>
> Lot 5-1 Wisma WIM
> 7 Jalan Abang Haji Openg
> TTDI, 60000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
> Tel: +60 3 7726 1599
> Mob: +60 12 282 5895
> Fax: +60 3 7726 8599
> www.consumersinternational.org
>
> Consumers International (CI) is the only independent global campaigning
> voice for consumers. With over 220 member organisations in 115 countries, we
> are building a powerful international consumer movement to help protect and
> empower consumers everywhere. For more information, visit
> www.consumersinternational.org.

Regards.
--------------------------
Fouad Bajwa
Advisor & Researcher
ICT4D & Internet Governance
Member Multistakeholder Advisory Group (IGF)
Member Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus (IGC)
My Blog: Internet's Governance
http://internetsgovernance.blogspot.com/
Follow my Tweets:
http://twitter.com/fouadbajwa