[governance] Request for extending comments on IGF review

Willie Currie wcurrie at apc.org
Mon Nov 16 00:20:21 EST 2009

Hi all

We learned during the IGC meeting on Saturday that the number of
speakers at the Stocktaking session would be limited and that
governments would have precedence. Other stakeholders were asked to
cluster their inputs. At the MAG meeting on Saturday, it was made clear
that the UN secretariat would be running the session and would not take
comments after the session. Written comments can be made up to the session.

Because of these limitations I propose that we should make a request for
an additional three week comment period in the IGC statement to the
Stocktaking session. It's unclear if APC will be able to speak, but if
we can, we will make a similar request. We should also encourage other
academic and CS speakers to do the same. I understand ICC Basis will
also include a similar request.

Willie
     governance at lists.cpsr.org