[governance] What IGF is for? ONI Asia event rattled by UN

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 15 11:35:13 EST 2009

Perhaps before you jump on such a bandwagon you should get the recording of the event. You should get more than one person (witnesses) account. Security anywhere is not prone to throw things on the floor. Why is no copy of the poster posted?

It is not that I am skeptical of being used by Harvard and Oxford publicists in order to get the word out or publish a paper or sell a book. Keep in mind the ONI group is not representative of the persons supposedly being wrongfully censored/filtered.  In fact I see no Tibetan or Chinese component to this Academic gathering of western intelligencia. Advocacy is touted on the website but I see no constituent that they are advocating for.

In fact I believe there is a UN policy against advertising for the sale of a commodity, service or goods at the events.  A poster promoting a book would be in violation of a very good rule.