[governance] BBC E-mail: French net piracy bill signed off

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Thu May 14 10:29:52 EDT 2009

Hi all

I did read the story and found the legislation somewhat welcome as a
deterrent against piracy. A conundrum still exist after reading this phrase
from the stoy:
"But some consumer groups have warned that the wrong people might be
punished, should hackers hijack their computers' identity, and that the
scheme amounted to state surveillance".

I have had my email hijacked once as some of you have see some commercial
message appearing along side my postings sometime ago.

Question: won't this legislation be pretext for a rise in th hacking
business?

Cheers

On 5/14/09, Kwasi <kboakye1 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Kwasi saw this story on the BBC News website and thought you
> should see it.
>

> ** French net piracy bill signed off **
> France passes a law to combat copyright piracy by disconnecting people who
> illegally download films and music.
> < http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/technology/8046564.stm >
>

> ** BBC Daily E-mail **
> Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want them, all
> in one daily e-mail
> < http://www.bbc.co.uk/email >
>

> ** Disclaimer **
> The BBC is not responsible for the content of this e-mail, and anything
> written in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect the BBC's views or
> opinions. Please note that neither the e-mail address nor name of the sender
> have been verified.
>
> If you do not wish to receive such e-mails in the future or want to know
> more about the BBC's Email a Friend service, please read our frequently
> asked questions. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/4162471.stm

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist-OutCome Mapper
Special Assistant The President