[governance] Upcoming OC meeting in Geneva May 13: IGC agenda?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu May 7 16:42:45 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wzb.eu> wrote:

> McTim wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wzb.eu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> it seems obvious that from a civil society point of view, we would not be
>>> happy about replacing a unilateral oversight model by a multilateral
>>> equivalent.

I agree with this, but fail to see what you prefer if you don't want
unilateral oversight,
multilateral oversight or no "external oversight".

McTim:
>> Won't CS have the most oversight over ICANN by electing as many CS
>> reps on the ICANN BoD as is possible?  That's the model I prefer!

Jeanette
> No, I think that any organization with regulatory authority needs external
> oversight.

Does the ITU have external oversight?

Does the UN?

My experience in Internet resource policy making in the RIR
communities suggests that internal oversight, by members of the
community is sufficient.  That's the model that I seek post JPA.

--
Cheers,

McTim
     governance at lists.cpsr.org