AW: [governance] hearing on Internet Governance arrangements

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Mon May 4 13:15:54 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Jean-Louis is probably right, actually: the EC, at least Ms. Reding,
the competence Commissioner, today qualified this hearing as "a first
public hearing this week in Brussels to give the internet Community
in Europe the possibility to express their views.".
To my knowledge, "public" is not "by invitation only" (even though
for logistics reasons), and "the Internet Community in Europe", while
difficult to define, is certainly larger than a handful of happy fews.
Ms. Reding today's speech at: http://ec.europa.eu/commission_barroso/
reding/video/index_en.htm
Best,
Meryem

--
Meryem Marzouki - http://www.iris.sgdg.org
IRIS - Imaginons un réseau Internet solidaire

     governance at lists.cpsr.org