[governance] Workshop on Remote Participation

Charity Gamboa charityg at diplomacy.edu
Mon Mar 23 11:13:01 EDT 2009

HI Ginger,

One of ISOC PH (Philippines) major project (after rejuvenation) is the
remote participation hubs for the IGF09.  I am chairing the working
group on IGF for ISOC PH.

After the IGP (Internet Governance Pulong - "pulong" is the Tagalog
word which means "meeting") during the APNIC 27 in Manila last
February 2009, we wanted IG issues to be accessible for discussion to
Filipinos. We will try to explain to more Filipinos about what IGF is
all about.  We are working towards the information awareness campaign
(sometime May to August) about IG and IGF prior to setting the remote
hubs  in Manila (as a pilot center as it is the capital) and in
Zamboanga City in the South.  Basically, we wanted discussions to be
very simple for Filipinos to understand - like the IGF Tagalog version
article on the IGF.

We have specific and persisting IG issues at a Philippine perspective
and hence we were able to create working groups.  In a way, all these
initiatives are the contribution of ISOC PH to the IGF.

Are we basically talking about best practices here in this case? We
are interested to participate here.

Regards,
Charity Gamboa

     governance at lists.cpsr.org