[governance] Workshop on e-crimes, legisltation and experiences

Ginger Paque gpaque at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 14:18:55 EDT 2009

Please post your ideas and interest in a Workshop on e-crimes, legislation
and experiences on this thread.

vanda <vanda at uol.com.br>

hi all
 After the success we had in our session in ICANN Mexico about e-crimes
legislations & experiences, I believe we should have similar IGF session
with a broader scope.  At ICANN we just debated DNS related crimes - of
course it represents a large portion of e-related crimes, but the proposals
are far below the general issues affecting internet
just my 2 cents
Vanda Scartezini

Avri Doria <avri at psg.com>
interesting as the ICANN workshop was, it needs to have equal
contribution by the civil libertarians interested in the defense against
the fervor of those who fight against crime.  and needs to have much
more contribution from those sitting in the house as opposed to just
those on stage.
a.

Totally agree Avri, anyway it is more and more a key issue in governance.
(Vanda)

Avri,
Alejandro Pisanty <apisan at servidor.unam.mx>
re participation from those not on the stage, you may want to ask for
references about the breakout session for Latin America and the Caribbean,
after the workshop on e-Crime and DNS abuse in Mexico City, which was turned
into an essentially non-stage participant-driven discussion.

Ginger

Ms. Virginia (Ginger) Paque

DiploFoundation

Coordinator IGCBP 09