[governance] West Africa and IGF

Ken Lohento klohento at panos-ao.org
Wed Mar 18 16:01:11 EDT 2009

Dear all

Please find attached recommendations adopted on IGF in West Africa
following the one day forum we organized (and also recommendations on
legal frameworks of the information society in West Africa, discussed
during the first two days).

Regarding IGF in West Africa, it appears to me that in general people
don't feel at ease or don't well understand the international process
itself (even thought they have a better understanding or are even
experts in issues, taken in isolation, encompassed in the Internet
Governance concept) and the review is hard for them to be undertaken.

We will update in the coming days the website with recommendations and
presentations (translated in adequate languages), more photos.

Regards

KL

     governance at lists.cpsr.org