[governance] Pirates enter german government

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Tue Jun 23 13:58:05 EDT 2009

Our list of candidates for seats in parliament has already been voted
about and has been passed to the election bureau. He is not on that list.

I think it has been a free ride for for the next two month only but it
is giving us a big boost. We see it in the members count and I hope we
will see it in the votes for us too.

Tauss has been mobbed by his party. Finding an old suitcase whose
contents might not have been outlawed when that suitcase was touched
last time, adds just to this mobbing. The party wants to do things
against the law but Tauss said no. So they got rid of him.

I reminds me of FDP and Moelleman except Tauss got a suitcase not
an umbrella.

The accusations about child porn are nonsense.

Von der Layen has shown child porn in public and police showed no
interest. Both cases have nothing to do with porn but with ther
work.

If I understand him correctly his heart is SPD and that will never
change. He wants to not let 1933 happen again. That is why he had
to do something drastic.

The pirates do allow you to be member of another party too. That is
no problem with us. Seen from our position his brain is 100% pirate
so he is a natural pirate.

Censoring plays an important role to destabilise a democracy so it
is only natural he come to us. But his future?
I could imagine he is one of the first to emigrate.

Kind regards
Peter

Daniel Oppermann wrote:
> When I read about Tauss' decision I was wondering if he left the social
> democratic SPD because of too much pressure on his person due to the
> accusations against him regarding the possession of child porn. Although
> everyone is innocent until proven guilty (and in his case as a kind of
> investigator in that online scene it is a special although not
> uncomplicated situation anyway) his political career in the SPD seemed
> to be over. Or do you think he will enter parliament again after the
> next elections as a member of the Pirate Party?
>
> Best,
> Daniel
>

> Am Samstag, den 20.06.2009, 23:36 +0200 schrieb Peter Dambier:
>> There are more people afraid of censoring in germany.
>>
>> Joerg Tauss from the social democrats SPD left his party to join the pirates.
>>
>> Now the Pirates have 1 seat in the federal government in Berlin.
>> That is much earlier than we expected.
>>

>> Cheers
>> Peter and Karin

Peter and Karin Dambier