[governance] Pirates enter german government

Joe Baptista baptista at publicroot.org
Sun Jun 21 14:32:00 EDT 2009

A political party is about vision.  The Pirates have vision.

Least we forget the pirate party is the operator of .pirates a live top
level domain.  This is vision.

Vision.

cheers
joe baptista

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Meryem Marzouki <marzouki at ras.eu.org>wrote:

> Le 21 juin 09 à 09:09, Ian Peter a écrit :
>
>  For those who want a quick primer on Pirate Party (like I did)
>>
>> Basic political position of the Swedish Pirates
>>
>> http://www.piratpartiet.se/international/english
>>

> This might be fine for an NGO, but not for a political party. The point is
> that a political party is expected to have a vision on society as a whole.
> And a member of Parliament has to express positions and to act on different
> matters dealt with by the Parliament.
> I find stupid at the latest, and otherwise suspect, to state e.g. "The
> Pirate Party has no opinion on whether Sweden should or should not be a
> member of the European Union, (...)" or, when you don't explain why: "The
> proposed European Union constitution that France and the Netherlands voted
> against shall not be accepted, neither in its original form nor with
> cosmetic changes." In each country, there have been very different reasons
> why a majority of French, Dutch, and later Irish people said no to the
> Constitutional Treaty. What are exactly the ones supported by the PP? Those
> of the left, or those of the populists and extreme right wing?
> When the PP representative will have to vote on, say, EU immigration
> policy, or EU common agricultural policy, or labor policy, what will be his
> votes? Based on which rationale and reasons?
>
> Best,
> Meryem

Joe Baptista

www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium
The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive, Representative &
Accountable to the Internet community @large.
 Office: +1 (360) 526-6077 (extension 052)
    Fax: +1 (509) 479-0084

Personal: www.joebaptista.wordpress.com