[governance] The dawning of Internet censorship in Germany

Joe Baptista baptista at publicroot.org
Thu Jun 18 08:30:39 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 3:27 AM, Rui Correia <correia.rui at gmail.com> wrote:

> circulation of which is a threat to the hold on power of the government of
> the day. Blocking child pornography cannot be called preventing access to
> information of the general interest

Child pornography is not the issue here.  In this case child pornography is
simply being used as a sales job for rationalizing the existence of what is
a political censor.

As Peter Dambier has said before - there have been many political raids in
German against political individuals and parties where child pornography has
been used as an excuse to conduct such searches.  In the end nothing was
found.

And once again filters are being put in place with the usual sales job that
it's to protect our children.  What is happening in Germany has little to do
with law enforcement and everything to do with state control of information.

cheers
joe baptista

--
Joe Baptista

www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium
The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive, Representative &
Accountable to the Internet community @large.
 Office: +1 (360) 526-6077 (extension 052)
    Fax: +1 (509) 479-0084

Personal: www.joebaptista.wordpress.com