[governance] lc

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Jun 11 01:41:56 EDT 2009

 quote form lessig interview continued

And so, what we need is public policy that's driven by the public, by
institutions in the public, that set the rules that lead companies to do
the right thing. So I think it's appropriate for the United States
government to decide: do we want to impose requirements on our companies
to make them comply with standards that we think are important? And
that's the question, not whether we want to shame Google or shame Yahoo!
into behavior, which may just not be consistent with