[governance] EU-elections german pirates party censored

Joe Baptista baptista at publicroot.org
Tue Jun 9 08:45:46 EDT 2009

Peter - you forgot to mention that the Pirate Party is the first in history
to run and operate it's own TLD .PIRATE.

cheers
joe baptista

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 4:16 AM, Peter Dambier <peter at peter-dambier.de>wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>
> the Swedish Pirate Party has spread all over europe. The German Pirates
> Party
> is one of them. When enough pirates from other european countries have made
> it to Bruxelles we are allowed to form a block. Right now we are glad one
> of
> us has made it.
>
> The Pirate Bay was our first hoster and when they were banned was the first
> time the Pirates were banned too. Today, counting the members of the party
> the Pirates are number 3 in Sweden and the Pirates Youth Organisation is
> the biggest Youth Organisation in Sweden and the Queen pays many visits to
> them.
>
> In Germany our youth have founded an organisation right now and their
> number are growing very fast.
>
> In copyright we think very much like the french inventor
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Marie_Jacquard
>
> who invented the loom mechanism controlled by punched card.
> That machine was almost a computer.
>
> Jacquard gave his invention to the french people for free. That was the
> first time of Public Domain I guess. In return the french government
> gave him an old age pension so his invention was not in vain.
>
> Today Copyright Law is a mess. The French Revolution probably would not
> have happend today.
>
> In the beginning computer programmes have been free too. Without that
> windows would not even exist. That is why we need a reform of Copyright
> Law.
>
> Censoring one of our sites was a misshap. But misshaps do happen and that
> is why we don't want censoring in the first place.
>
> If only people had been talking to each other but that is exactly what
> censoring is about.
>
> Lives of people do depend on Open Access today. It is not ok to let them
> die just for profit. That is why we need to reform the copyright into a
> right of copy :)
>
> Copying music with a computer that has a copyright tax on it to a cd that
> has a copyright tax on it and the tax is payed to the music industry
> already
> but the music industry insists that copy is prohibited - that is only one
> side of the coin.
>
> The other side is people starving because the genes of the pig are
> copyrighted.
>
> By the way I know of artists "starving" because the tax is payed to the
> copyright industry and not to the artists.
>
> Kind regards
> Peter
>
> Ian Peter wrote:
> > According to media reports the Pirate Party has won one or two seats in
> EU?
> >

> http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-party-wins-and-enters-the-european-parliament
> > -090607/
> >

> > According to Wikipedia, The Pirate Party (Swedish: Piratpartiet) is a
> > political party in Sweden. It strives to reform laws regarding copyright
> [...]

Joe Baptista

www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium
The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive, Representative &
Accountable to the Internet community @large.
 Office: +1 (360) 526-6077 (extension 052)
    Fax: +1 (509) 479-0084

Personal: www.joebaptista.wordpress.com