[governance] Obama on US unilateralism

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Jun 5 23:35:52 EDT 2009

I am pleasantly surprised that any US President, even Obama, could say this

 >Mr. Obama advocated universal disarmament, acknowledging the argument
that there should be no double standards regarding possession of atomic
 > weapons. "No single nation should pick and choose which nations hold
nuclear weapons. That is why I strongly reaffirmed America's commitment
to seek >a world in which no nations hold nuclear weapons." (from his
address at Cairo University)

Makes one really wonder how would he justify continued US unilateralism
vis a vis IG issues, if he indeed does not make amends. Can he,
correspondingly, for a start, at least assert 'America's commitment to
seek a world in which no one nation holds any unilateral control over
the global public resource that the Internet is', which will be the
reversal of Bush administration's 'US's historic role' policy and
world-view.

parminder