[governance] Formal warning to Joe Baptista re personal insults and abusive language

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Thu Jul 30 21:06:27 EDT 2009

Dear Joe,

Following from the private email sent to you earlier today by Ginger Paque
as regards your postings on the list, I am now following up with a formal
warning . If you continue to post items including personal insults and
abusive language., you will be suspended from the list.

Most people would believe that your threat to ³apply the boot² to a list
member would fall into this category. This came after our warning for using
phrases such as ³I¹ll kick your ass² and describing a list members behaviour
as libellous and slanderous. This followed a number of complaints from list
members.

There will be no more warnings ­ as you say, arguing with you is pointless
and I urge other list members to not respond to these sorts of postings.

I want to make entirely clear that this is not about opinions you might have
or want to express. It¹s about the use of personal insults and abusive
language.

The relevant section of the charter is below.

Ian Peter and Ginger Paque, Co-coordinators.

Some of the specific guidelines that will be enforced include those relating
to:
*No personal insults
*No spam

Failure to abide by netiquette guidelines may result in suspension or
removal from the IGC list according to the following process:
The coordinators will first warn a subscriber privately of the problem
If the problem persists the coordinators will notify the subscriber publicly
on the list of impending suspension from the list. Suspension will include
only posting rights.
If the problem persists the subscriber's posting rights will be suspended
for one (1) month.
Once the subscriber's posting rights are restored, any further problem will
result in another public warning.
If the problem continues to persist after suspension and a second public
warning, the coordinators will be permitted to either suspend the posting
rights for three (3) months or to remove the subscriber from the list.