[governance] Standing up, trudging forward -- our best resources

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 30 00:06:13 EDT 2009

Somewhere in our last ten to twenty years of communications we have lost the voice in the crowd.  Something as we started this journey into instant transglobal communication scared off the commoner from participating. I think quite clearly it was because in the beginning we had to be just a little eccentric and techno based just to use these contraptions to communicate. I think bright good people were turned off and tuned out.

My father at 90 began to use the concept known as webtv to write to me. We expanded until his death at 96 in 2003.  He was born in 1907 yet without fear he was able to accept and delight in this newfound tool of instant communication.

Somehow Governance must lead us in the direction of inclusion. Not just developing societies and young, and dissenfranchised but our older common stateswomen that we rely upon for our advice, when we are smart. A2k has been quite consumed in bridging a "blind gap".  And this is a wonderful focus. But I think the generation gap must also be bridged and abridged.

Governmental outreach must include heretofor "left out" segments of all society.

Eric